Hello and Thank you once again for stopping by Vezaone blog space. In this post, we will talk about 5 basic but important pointers that you need to keep in mind while choosing a POS for your retail business.
- Cost and compatibility: You must be thinking that running a POS is relatively cheaper, so why the pointer! Well, this is because while running it can be convenient, but not always the installation. Before finalizing on a POS you need to keep in mind that whether the system is compatible with your present hardware like a cash drawer and barcode scanner. Choose a POS that has the option of compatibility with commonly available hardware.
- Cloud-based or conventional: Decide whether you want to go for a cloud-based POS or a conventional POS. The difference between the two is the recurring cost of conventional POS is higher than that of cloud-based ones. While the conventional POS has restriction of location that is you have to be present in the location of the server physically kept (somewhere in your business space), for cloud-based POS, data are stored in digital server and can be accessed anytime and from anywhere.
- Inventory Management: Though Inventory management solution can be purchased separately, yet the convenience of having it integrated with POS is that you need not spend more time updating your stock information. As the sales happen, the inventory gets auto-updated with data from POS. If you have the ambition to increase your business to more than one unit, then this feature can assist you in managing stocks in multiple locations from one central place. Again investing in two separate solutions is higher than in one advanced one. Veza POS comes with integrated inventory manager that allows managing stock batch wise and manage and track stock of combo products and kits. It also helps to maintain a daily stock closer report.
- Training and support: A very important point to check and ensure before putting in your money. A retail business has a higher rotation of employees. Almost every month, some old people leave and new people come in. Also as the business expands, more and more employees join in regularly. It is important that your POS provider agrees to arrange training sessions from time to time as per requirements. Also, an ideal POS should have an easy and user-friendly dashboard to ensure ease of usage.
- Customer friendly: Last but not least, the POS should be customer-friendly. It should make billing and payment procedure quick and seamless. In the retail business, the customer that leave happy, come back early. In Veza POS, we have made a clutter-free design of the billing interface to aid in quick billing and checkout process. To make the customer comfortable with the payment process, our POS first prints the receipt followed by allowing to choose the payment mode. This is done to help customers see the actual amount and then as per convenience decide on payment option.
We will be back soon another article. Thank for reading our article. If you have any query or suggestion, kindly put them in the comment section below.