Since everyone in this world is trying to adjust with the COVID-19 safety measures and get used to the situations, the Government of India has also been trying to understand that for economies to settle and restaurant’s to start getting back on track as before it is imperative that they start operation soon.
For the sake of safety and precautionary measures, a few guidelines have been introduced by the government that will help the restaurants to run smoothly and citizen’s to enjoy the leisure of eating out once in a while.
Here are a few mandates & precautionary guidelines that have been issued by the Government-
- Only asymptomatic customers should be allowed inside.
- Restaurants should operate only in 50% of their seating capacity.
- Putting on a face mask will be mandatory, there will be an exception while eating.
- Customers must respect the rule of social distancing while they wait for the services.
- Consent should be given by the visitors as they will share their details with the administrative and health authorities for contact tracing and other related activities.
- Hand sanitizers should be available and payment methods should be digital mode. While cash transactions, precautions should be taken.
- Restrooms and hand wash areas must be cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected regularly.
- Glass screens or other types of barriers should be installed at the counters where frequent interaction with customers takes place.
- Separation of entry and exit points for customers should be prepared.
- CCTV cameras should be fully functional for every place in the restaurant.
- Only cooked food to be served, raw food and cold food like salads should be avoided.
- Furniture to be disinfected and cleaned on a daily basis.
Every restaurant owner should understand the importance of these guidelines and how crucial it is to take care of their safety. Not only to stop the spread of COVID-19 but also to keep their own business growing steadily. It is obvious in the current situation that the people around us have become smarter than ever, and they will choose to eat at a restaurant that maintains hygienic and safe & serves fresh and clean food. As it is obvious that everyone in the current situation is looking for leisure, but with utmost safety.