As per the various provisions under the Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act, the Registrar of the co-operative societies has tremendous authority. If the Registrar is not satisfied with the documents of a co-operative society or has reason to believe that the housing society management is not appropriate then he/she can appoint an Administrator to manage the affairs of the society. The Registrator has the right to appoint an inquiry officer if he/she believes the society is not functioning as it should be.
- As per Section 77A, the Registrar has the power to appoint a new Committee or Administrator when there is a failure to elect a member to constitute a committee.
- As per Section 78, the Registrar has the power to remove the Housing Society Managing Committee or the members of the managing committee.
- As per Section 79, the Registrar has the power to demand the performance of the obligation.
- The Registrar has the power to seize records of the Society.
- As per Section 81, the Registrar has the power to appoint an Auditor to audit the accounts of the society.
- As per Section 82, the Registrar has the power to direct the society to rectify the errors in the accounts.
- As per Section 83, The Registrar on the admission of a complaint or his own can initiate an inquiry.
- As per Section 88, The Registrar can initiate action to assess damages against delinquent promoters.
- As per Section 89, The Registrar has the power to summon and enforce the attendance of any person and examine him on oath, affirmation, by affidavit, or to compel the production of any document in the same manner, as is provided in the case of Civil Court under the court of Civil procedure 1908.
- As per Section 89 A, The Registrar has the power to inspect the working of the Society.
- If the party disagrees with the decision of the Registrar or its subordinate then a provision exists for revision application under Section 145 of the Act before higher authority i.e. Joint Registrar of Co-operative Societies, and even before the State Government under As per Section 154.
Managing a society can be a tedious process, that is why onesociety with its features makes housing society management software easier than ever. Pay your society’s maintenance and other bills online. Also, receive society notices and circular, escalate issues, and connect with neighbors easily through it’s member portal at oneapp.
Created with the vision to relieve you from the tedious manual tasks of society/community management, onesociety automates, digitizes, and streamlines the management processes of the society/complex. You can have a detailed demonstration of the software at your convenient place and time. All you have to do is fill up a simple form. So what are you waiting for? Claim your free demo now.